Marwan Sheikh-Taha, B.S., Pharm.D., BCPS (AQ Cardiology)
Clinical Associate Professor
LAU Extension: 2108
Office Location: CHSC 6108
Dr. Taha joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2002. He was the Acting Chair for the Pharmacy Practice Department at the School between January 2007 and September 2007, and Chair between October 2007 and September 2010.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology, American University of Beirut, Beirut
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- Pharm.D., Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, Hunstville Hospital, Hunstville, Alabama
- Cardiology Specialty Residency, Hunstville Hospital, Hunstville
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), with added qualifications in Cardiology
- Coronary artery disease, heart failure, venous thromboembolism, thalassemia, and sickle cell disease
- Khoury G, Sheikh-Taha M. Effect of age and sex on warfarin dosing. Clin Pharmacol 2014;6:103-6.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Frenn B. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia induced by levofloxacin. Case Rep Infect Dis 2014;2014:201015. doi: 10.1155/2014/201015.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Ghosn S, Zeitoun A. Oral aphthous ulcers associated with orlistat. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2012;69:1462-1464.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Alaeddine S, Nassif J. Use of acid suppressive therapy in hospitalized non-critically ill patients. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 2012;6:3:93-96.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Zeitoun A. Effect of intermittent nesiritide administration on kidney function. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 2012;17:229-230.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Ghosn S. Comparison of bolus only with bolus plus infusion of bivalirudin in patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary intervention: a retrospective observational study. J Pharm Pract 2012;25:537-540.
- Sheikh-Taha M, Edward E, Han J, Lindgren W, English T, Hassoun A. Diagnostic considerations for Novel Influenza A (H1N1). Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4(Suppl 1):73-75.
- Sheikh-Taha M. Efficacy and safety of six-month outpatient intermittent nesiritide infusions. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011;3(Suppl 5):177-179.