Wassim Shebaby, B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Shebaby joined the Lebanese American University as a postdoctoral research fellow within the School of Pharmacy in 2020. He was appointed as an adjunct faculty within the School of Pharmacy’s Pharmaceutical Science Department in 2023. Prior to joining the LAU School of Pharmacy he was a part-time faculty at the School of Arts and Sciences since 2014. Dr. Shebaby participated as a member of a collaborative research team spanning different LAU schools (SAS, SOP, and SOM). Their collective effort involved the extraction and characterization of natural compounds from medicinal plants indigenous to Lebanon, with a focus on evaluating their chemical and pharmacological properties.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology, American University of Beirut
- M.S. in Cell Biology, University of Jordan, Amman
- Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Lebanese American University, Byblos
- Exploring the anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities of the Lebanese cannabis extract and other prominent cannabinoids.
- Isolating and characterizing natural compounds from Lebanese medicinal plants and evaluating their chemical and pharmacological properties as well as exploring their mechanisms of action.
- Assessing combination therapies of various cannabinoids with conventional anticancer agents using in vitro and in vivo models