Roy Kanbar, D.Pharm., M.S., Ph.D.
Chair, Pharmaceutical Sciences; Acting Associate
Dean for Academic Affairs
Office Location: CHSC 6103A, Byblos Campus
Dr. Kanbar joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2010. He came from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he was a Research Associate at the Department of Pharmacology. His Ph.D. studies were in the field of Physiology and Cardiovascular Pharmacology. His post-doctoral studies examined the role of brainstem neurons in the control of blood pressure using new methodologies such as optogenetics.
Education and Training
- D.Pharm., Saint Joseph University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- M.S. in Physiology and Neuroscience, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
- Ph.D. in Physiology and Cardiovascular Pharmacology, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
- Post-doctoral studies, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Honors and Awards
- Full scholarship (Ph.D.), French Ministry of Higher Education
- Fellowship (post-doctoral), French Society of Hypertension
- Investigating the central regulatory mechanisms of blood pressure and breathing in order to better understand the underlying pathophysiology of hypertension and sleep apnea