Roy Kanbar, D.Pharm., M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Dr. Kanbar joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2010. He came from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he was a Research Associate at the Department of Pharmacology. His Ph.D. studies were in the field of Physiology and Cardiovascular Pharmacology. His post-doctoral studies examined the role of brainstem neurons in the control of blood pressure using new methodologies such as optogenetics.
Education and Training
- D.Pharm., Saint Joseph University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- M.S. in Physiology and Neuroscience, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
- Ph.D. in Physiology and Cardiovascular Pharmacology, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
- Post-doctoral studies, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Honors and Awards
- Full scholarship (Ph.D.), French Ministry of Higher Education
- Fellowship (post-doctoral), French Society of Hypertension
- Investigating the central regulatory mechanisms of blood pressure and breathing in order to better understand the underlying pathophysiology of hypertension and sleep apnea (highlight)
- Education (highlight)