Imad F. Btaiche, B.S. Pharm, Pharm.D., BCNSP
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Btaiche joined the Lebanese American University (LAU) School of Pharmacy in October 2011, coming from the University of Michigan.
At Michigan, Dr. Btaiche held a joint appointment at the College of Pharmacy and Hospitals and Health Centers (now Michigan Medicine). At the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, he was Clinical Associate Professor (2005-2011) and was appointed by the Board of Regents on the College’s Executive Committee (2006-2008). At the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Dr. Btaiche was a Clinical Pharmacist, Clinician Team Member of the Children’s Intestinal Rehabilitation Program in the Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery (1999-2008), Team Leader of the parenteral and enteral nutrition (PEN) team (1998-2009), Chair of the Residency Advisory Committee (2003-2005), and Program Director of the Critical Care Specialty Residency (2007-2011).
At LAU School of Pharmacy, Dr. Btaiche was Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (2011-2013), Interim Dean (2013-2015), Dean of the School of Pharmacy (2015-January 2022), Chair of LAU’s Interprofessional Education (IPE) program (2017-January 2022), and Chair of the University Graduate Council (UGC) (2012-2013).
In his service to the profession, Dr. Btaiche was President of the Michigan Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (MSPEN) (2004), member of MSPEN’s Board of Directors (2002-2005), Secretary and Treasurer of the Pharmacy Practice Section of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) (2002-2004), Meeting Program Associate, Section of Home Care, Ambulatory Care and Chronic Care Practitioners of the American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) (2003), and Panelist of ASHP’s Pharmacy Practice Research Award Panel (2005–2006). Dr. Btaiche is currently a member of the International Advisory Committee of the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) and a volunteer for the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) International Services Program (ISP).
Education and Training
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Lebanese University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- Pharm.D., Lebanese University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Board Certified Nutrition Support Pharmacist (BCNSP) (1998-Present)
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Leadership and Service as Dean, Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, 2022
- Teaching Appreciation Award, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy P2 Class, 2011
- Nominated for the Teaching Excellence Award, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 2011
- Stanley Serlick Award for Safe Practices in Parenteral Nutrition, co-sponsored by A.S.P.E.N. and Hospira, 2010
- Award of Gratitude for Dedication and Service, Michigan Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (MSPEN), 2004
- Nominated for the Preceptor of the Year Award, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 1998
- Academic Pharmacy
- Nutrition support in critical care and intestinal failure