Lamis Karaoui, B.S. Pharm, Pharm.D., BCPS
Clinical Associate Professor
Director of Experiential Education
LAU Extension: 2318
Office Location: CHSC 6105
Dr. Karaoui joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2008.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology, American University of Beirut, Beirut
- B.S. in Pharmacy (with Honors), Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- Pharm.D., Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- PGY1 residency, Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Newark, New Jersey
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Critical care
- Women’s health
- Academic Pharmacy
- Der-Nigoghossian CA, Eldebs M, Karaoui LR, Saad A. Hints for success in ASHP’s clinical skills competition. Am J Health Syst Pharm2015;72:434-435.
- Chahine EB, Karaoui LR, Mansour H. Bedaquiline: A novel diarylquinoline for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Ann Pharmacother 2014;48:107-115.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, O’Connell MB, Jackson AN, Karaoui LR, Rodriguez de Bittner M, Chen AM, Echeverri M, et al. Cultural competency in health care and its implications for pharmacy part 3B: emphasis on pharmacy education policy, procedures and climate. Pharmacotherapy. 2013; 33(12):e368-81.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, O’Connell MB, Jackson AN, Karaoui LR, Rodriguez de Bittner M, Chen AM, Echeverri M, et al. Cultural competency in health care and its implications for pharmacy part 3A: emphasis on pharmacy education, curriculums, and future directions. Pharmacotherapy 2013; 33(12)347-67.
- Mansour H, Chahine EB, Karaoui LR, El-Lababidi RM. Cethromycin: a new ketolide antibiotic. Ann Pharmacother 2013;47:368-379.
- Karaoui L, El-Lababidi R, Chahine EB. Oritavancin: an investigational lipoglycopeptide antibiotic. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2013;70:23-33.
- Rafie S, McIntosh J, Gardner DK, Gawronski KM, Karaoui LR, Koepf ER, et al. Over-the counter access to emergency contraception without age restriction: an opinion of the Women’s Health Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2013;33:549-557.
- Karaoui LR, Chahine-Chakhtoura C. Fatal toxic epidermal necrolysis with minoxidil. Pharmacotherapy 2009;29:460-467.