Imad F. Btaiche, B.S. Pharm, Pharm.D., BCNSP
LAU Extension: 2486
Office Location: CHSC 6106A
Dr. Btaiche joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2011. He came from the University of Michigan where he was Clinical Associate Professor at the College of Pharmacy, and Clinical Pharmacist and Program Director of the Critical Care Specialty Residency at the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers (UMHHC), Ann Arbor. At UMHHC, Dr. Btaiche was also the Nutrition Support team leader, and a clinician team member of the Children’s Intestinal Rehabilitation Program, Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery. He also served as Co-Chair of the Residency Advisory Committee, Department of Pharmacy Services. Dr. Btaiche was also an elected clincial faculty respresentative on the Executive Committee as well as the Leadership Group at the College of Pharmacy.
Dr. Btaiche is Past-President and Board of Directors member of the Michigan Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (MSPEN), and was secretary and treasurer of the Pharmacy Practice Section of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.). He is one of the editors of the UMHHC Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Manual eighth and ninth editions, and has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (JPEN) and Nutrition in Clinical Practice (NCP).
At LAU School of Pharmacy, Dr. Btaiche was Associate Dean for Academic Affairs between October 2011 and September 2013. He was appointed Interim Dean of the School of Pharmacy in October 2013, and Dean in September 2015.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Lebanese University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- Pharm.D., Lebanese University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Board Certified Nutrition Support Pharmacist (BCNSP)
Honors and Awards
- Teaching Appreciation Award, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy P2 Class, 2011
- Teaching Excellence Award Nominee, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 2011
- Stanley Serlick Award for Safe Practices in Parenteral Nutrition, co-sponsored by A.S.P.E.N. and Hospira, 2010
- Award of Gratitude for Dedication and Service, Michigan Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (MSPEN), 2004
- Nutrition support in critical care and intestinal failure
- Chheng ML, Heidbreder C, Btaiche IF, Blackmer AB. Infectious complications with nondaily versus daily infusion of intravenous fat emuslions in non-critically ill adults. Nutr Clin Pract 2013;28:736-743.
- Kraft MD, Btaiche IF, Pleva MR. Parenteral nutrition. In: Chisholm MA, Wells BG, Schwinghammer TL, et al., eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice, 3rd ed. Colombus, OH. McGraw-Hill Medical:2013:1755-1775.
- Btaiche IF, Carver PL, Welch KB. Dosing and monitoring of trace elements in home parenteral nutrition patients. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2011;35:736-747.
- Btaiche IF, Yi-Li Yeh A, Wu I, Khalidi N. Neurologic dysfunction and pancytopenia secondary to acquired copper deficiency following duodenal switch: case report and review of the literature. Nutr Clin Pract 2011;26:583-592.
- Btaiche IF, Kovacevich DS, Khalidi N, Papke LF. The effects of needleless connectors on catheter-related bloodstream infections. Am J Infect Control 2011;39:277-283.
- Btaiche IF, Chan LN, Pleva M, Kraft MD. Critical illness, gastrointestinal complications, and medication therapy during enteral feeding in critically ill adult patients. Nutr Clin Pract 2010;25:32-49.