Aline Milane, D.Pharm., M.S., Ph.D.
LAU Extension: 2307
Office Location: CHSC 6118
Dr. Milane joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2009. She came from the Pitie-Salpetriere University Hospital in Paris where she was Assistant Pharmacist in the Department of Geriatric Medicine. Her PhD studies and training were in the Research Unit on Barriers and Drug Transporters at the School of Pharmacy in Chatenay-Malabry and in the Pharmacology Department at the Pitie-Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris.
Education and Training
- D.Pharm., Saint Joseph University Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut
- M.S. in Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, Paris-Sud University (Paris-XI) School of Pharmacy, Paris
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, Paris-Sud University (Paris-XI) School of Pharmacy, Paris
Honors and Awards
- Award from the “Chancellerie des Universités de Paris”
- Scholarship (M.S.), “Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie”
- Scholarship (Ph.D.), “Fondation de Recherche Médicale”
- Investigating the ABC drug transporters (P-gp and BCRP) and their impact on drug pharmacokinetics and the passage of drugs across the blood-brain barrier, as well as the pathophysiology of neurodegenerative diseases
- Long JD, Gannaway P, Ford C, Doumit R, Zeeni N, Sukkarieh-Haraty O, Milane A, Byers B, Harrison L, Hatch D, Brown J, Proper S, White P, Song H. Effectiveness of a technology-based intervention to teach evidence-based practice: the EBR tool. Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2016 Jan 15. doi: 10.1111/wvn.12132. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ghaddar A, Fawaz M, Khazen G, Abdallah J, Milane A. Prevalence of depression in Parkinson’s disease in a Lebanese tertiary clinic. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 2016;38:51-8.
- Milane A, Khazen G, Zeineddine N, Amro M, Masri L, Ghassibe-Sabbagh M, Youhanna S, Salloum AK, Haber M, Platt DE, Cazier JB, Othman R, Kabbani S, Sbeite H, Chami Y, Chammas E, El Bayeh H, Gauguier D, Abchee AB, Zalloua P, Barbari A. Association of coronary artery disease and chronic kidney disease in Lebanese population. Int J Clin Exp Med 2015;8:15866-77.
- Goldwirt L, Beccaria K, Carpentier A, Idbaih A, Schmitt C, Levasseur C, Labussiere M, Milane A, Farinotti R, Fernandez C. Preclinical impact of bevacizumab on brain and tumor distribution of irinotecan and temozolomide. J Neurooncol. 2015;122:273-81.
- Milane A, Abdallah J, Kanbar R, Khazen G, Ghassibe-Sabbagh M, Salloum AK, Youhanna S, Saad A, El Bayeh H, Chammas E, Platt DE, Hager J, Gauguier D, Zalloua P, Abchee A; FGENTCARD Consortium. Association of hypertension with coronary artery disease in the Lebanese population. Springerplus. 2014 Sep 16;3:533. doi: 10.1186/2193-1801-3-533. eCollection 2014.
- Ghassibe-SabbaghM, Platt DE, Youhanna S, Abchee AB, Stewart K, Badro DA, Haber M, Salloum AK, Douaihy B, elBayeh H, Othman R, Shasha N, Kibbani S, Chammas E, Milane A, Nemer R, Kamatani Y, Hager J, Cazie JB, Gauguier D, Zalloua P, FGENTCARD Consortium. Genetic and environmental influences on total plasma homocysteine and its role in coronary artery disease risk. Atherosclerosis 2012;222:180-186.
- Milane A, Fernandez C, Dupuis L, Buyse M, Meininger V, Loeffler JP, Farinotti R, Bensimon G. P-glycoprotein expression and function are increased in an animal model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurosci Lett 2010;472:166-170.
- Milane A, Tortolano L, Fernandez C, Bensimon G, Meininger V, Farinotti R. Brain and plasma riluzole pharmacokinetics: effect of minocycline combination. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2009;2:209-217.
- Milane A, Vautier S, Chacun H, Meininger V, Bensimon G, Farinotti R, Fernandez C. Interactions between riluzole and ABCG2/BCRP transporter. Neurosci Lett 2009;452:12-16.