Educational Goals and Outcomes
Program Educational Goals (PEGs)
- Provide evidence- and team-based patient-centered care in accordance with legal, ethical, socioeconomic and professional standards.
- Exhibit leadership skills and entrepreneurial attitude in managing pharmacy operations in various practice settings.
- Engage in disease prevention and population health management through innovation in pharmacy practice and interprofessional collaboration.
- Integrate scholarly research and promote personal and professional development in pharmacy practice.
Program Educational Outcomes (PEOs)
(Mapped to the AACP Educational Outcomes 2013 of the Center for the Advancement of Pharmacy Education- CAPE)
- Integrate and apply foundational scientific knowledge to make informed, rational, and evidence-based decisions.
- Develop complete medical and drug therapy plans.
- Implement a holistic patient-centered treatment plan.
- Collaborate and communicate with other healthcare professionals to engender an interdisciplinary team-based approach to patient care.
- Educate patients of different cultural backgrounds, caregivers, and the public about drug therapy, medical goods, and devices.
- Develop skills to promote health and wellness for individuals and communities.
- Apply patient population-specific data to optimize patient outcomes.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective utilization of human, physical, medical, informational, and technological resources in the provision of safe and effective patient care.
- Describe and demonstrate appropriate use of healthcare resources in the U.S. and Lebanese healthcare systems.
- Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills to accomplish professional goals.
- Display compliance with the Code of Ethics for Pharmacists.
- Exhibit self-awareness and personal commitment to ensure ongoing personal and professional growth.