Educational Goals and Outcomes
Program Educational Goals (PEGs)
The goals of the program are to prepare graduates to:
- Provide evidence-based patient-centered care to optimize pharmacotherapy outcomes in various multidisciplinary healthcare practice settings.
- Manage pharmacy operations in hospitals, community pharmacies, and industrial settings.
- Promote public health awareness and disease prevention, through innovation in the practice of pharmacy, for the benefit of the individual and community being served.
- Perform duties in accordance with legal, ethical, socioeconomic and professional standards.
- Integrate scholarly research with clinical pharmacy practice and commit to self-directed lifelong learning.
Program Educational Outcomes (PEOs)
[Mapped to the AACP Educational Outcomes 2013 of the Center for the Advancement of Pharmacy Education (CAPE)-Effective February 2016]
- Integrate and apply foundational scientific knowledge to make informed, rational, and evidence-based decisions.
- Develop complete medical and drug therapy plans.
- Implement a holistic patient-centered treatment plan.
- Collaborate and communicate with other healthcare professionals to engender an interdisciplinary team-based approach to patient care.
- Educate patients of different cultural backgrounds, caregivers, and the public about drug therapy, medical goods, and devices.
- Develop skills to promote health and wellness for individuals and communities.
- Apply patient population-specific data to optimize patient outcomes.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective utilization of human, physical, medical, informational, and technological resources in the provision of safe and effective patient care.
- Describe and demonstrate appropriate use of healthcare resources in the U.S. and Lebanese healthcare systems.
- Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills to accomplish professional goals.
- Display compliance with the Code of Ethics for Pharmacists.
- Exhibit self-awareness and personal commitment to ensure ongoing personal and professional growth.