Yolande Saab, B.S. Pharm, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
LAU Extension: 2312
Office Location: CHSC 6102
Dr. Saab joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in October 2003. She was Chair of the Pharmaceutical Sciences department between 2007 and 2009 and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the School between 2009 and 2011.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- Pharm.D., Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy, Byblos
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology/Pharmacogenetics, University of Brighton, England
- Post-doctoral training, Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainseville
- Investigating gene polymorphism effects on drug dosing and metabolism in different populations
- Saab YB, Zeenny R, Ramadan WH. Optimizing clopidogrel dose response: a new clinical algorithm comprising CYP2C19 pharmacogenetics and drug interactions. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015;11:1421-1427.
- Saab YB, Gard PR, Overall AD. The association of hypertension with renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms in the Lebanese population. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 2011;12:588-594.
- Saab YB, Langaee T. Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2C9: comparison of prevalence in the Lebanese population with other populations. Pharmacology & Pharmacy 2011;2:88-93.
- Khachan V, Saab YB, Sadik F. Mapping pharmacy education in Lebanon. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning 2010;2:186-191.
- Saab YB, Kabbara W, Chbib C, Gard PR. Buccal cell DNA extraction: yield, purity and cost: a comparison of two methods. Genet Test 2007;11:413-416.
- Saab YB, Gard PR, Overall AD. The geographic distribution of the ACE II genotype: a novel finding. Genet Res 2007;89:259-267.
- Saab YB, Gard PR, Yeoman MS, Mfarrej B, El-Moalem H, Ingram MJ. Renin-angiotensin-system gene polymorphism and depression. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2007;31:1113-1118.