Mohammad Mroueh, B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
LAU Extension: 2313
Office Location: CHSC 6114A
Dr. Mroueh joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in 1995. He came from the Burzynski Research Institute,Stafford, Texas, where he was a Research Associate. Dr. Mroueh was Acting Dean of the School of Pharmacy from 2004 till 2005.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Chemistry, Lebanese University, Beirut
- M.S. in Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Houston, Texas
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, University of Houston, Texas
- Post-doctoral training, Bone Marrow Transplantation Division, Department of Hematology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Medicinal plants, cancer research, and pharmaceutical analysis
- Shebaby WN, Daher CF, El-Sibai M, Bodman-Smith K, Mansour A, Karam MC, Mroueh M. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activities of the oil fractions from wild carrot (Daucus Carota ssp. carota). Pharm Biol 2015;53:1285-94.
- Tenkerian C, El-Sibai M, Daher CF, Mroueh M. Hepatoprotective, antioxidant, and anticancer effects of the tragopogon porrifolius methanolic extract. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015;2015:161720. doi: 10.1155/2015/161720.
- Zeeni N, Daher CF, Saab L, Mroueh M. Tragopogon porrifolious improves serum lipid profile and increases short- term satiety in rats. Appetite 2014;72:1-7.
- Haddad H, Mroueh M, Faour WH, Daher C. Growth hormone treatment modulates active ghrelin levels in rats. Endocr Res 2014;39:39-43.
- Korfali SI, Hawi T, Mroueh M. Evaluation of heavy metal content in dietary supplements in Lebanon. Chem Cent J 2013;7(1):10. doi: 10.1186/1752-153X-7-10.
- Shebaby WN, El-Sibai M, Smith KB, Karam MC, Mroueh M, Daher CF. The antioxidant and anticancer effects of wild carrot oil extract. Phytother Res 2013;27:737-744.
- Zeinab RA, Mroueh M, Diab-Assaf M, Jurjus A, Wex B, Sakr A, Daher CF. Chemopreventive effects of wild carrot oil against 7,12-dimethy benz(a)anthracene-induced squamous cell carcinoma in mice. Pharm Biol 2011;49:955-961.
- Sharara AI, El Hajj II, Mroueh M, Kyriacos SB, Abdul-Baki H, Chaar HF, et al. Prophylaxis with ertapenem in patients with obstructive jaundice undergoing endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: safety, efficacy, and biliary penetration. South Med J 2011;104:189-194.