Hani Dimassi, B.S., M.P.H., Ph.D.
LAU Extension: 2269
Office Location: CHSC 6117
Dr. Dimassi joined the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy in February 2008. He came from the American University of Beirut School of Nursing where he was Assistant Professor and teaching statistics and research. His Ph.D. dissertation compared two modeling techniques for repeated categorical data: the Weighted Least Square (WLS) and the Generalized Estimating Equation (GEE). During his doctorate studies, Dr. Dimassi was appointed as senior research assistant in Statistics and Epidemiology Practice Research and Training (SEPRT).
Education and Training
- B.S. in Environmental Health, American University of Beirut, Beirut
- M.P.H. in Public Health, American University of Beirut, Beirut
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City
- Alameddine M, Mourad Y, Dimassi H. A national study on nurses’ exposure to occupational violence in Lebanon: prevalence, consequences and associated factors. PLoS One. 2015 Sep 10;10(9):e0137105. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0137105.
- Zeeni N, Dagher-Hamalian C, Dimassi H, Faour WH. Cafeteria diet-fed mice is a pertinent model of obesity-induced organ damage: a potentail role of inflammation. Inflamm Res 2015;64:501-12.
- El-Jardali F, Murray SF, Dimassi H, Jamal D, Abualrub R, Al-Surimi K, et al. INtention to saty of nurses in current posts in difficult-to-staff areas of Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon and Qatar: a cross-sectional study. Int J Nurs Stud 2013. Mar 29. doi:pii: S0020-7489(13)00066-7. 10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2013.02.013.
- Alameddine M, Saleh S, El-Jardali F, Dimassi H, Mourad Y. The retention of health human resources in primary healthcare centers in Lebanon: a national survey. BMC Health Serv Res 2012. Nov 22;12:419. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-12-419.
- Shamseddine AI, Mukherji D, Melki C, Elias E, Eloubeidi M, Dimassi H, et al. Lymph node ratio is an independent prognostic factro after resection of preiampullary malignancies: data froma tertiary referral center in the Middle East. Am J Clin Oncol. 2012 Oct 29.
- Farhood LF, Dimassi H. Prevalence and predictors of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and general health in a population from six villages in South Lebanon. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2012;47:639-649.
- Alameddine M, Kazzi A, El-Jardali F, Dimassi H, Maalouf S. Occupational violence at Lebanese emergency departments: prevalence, characteristics and associated factors. J Occup Health 2011;53:455-464.
- El-Jardali F, Dimassi H, Jamal D, Jaafar M, Hemadeh N. Predictors and outcomes of patient safety culture in hospitals. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Feb 24;11:45. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-11-45.